Thanks to the generosity of donors, event participants, 3rd party partners, and sponsors, our Affiliate is able to fund many breast-health and breast cancer-related programs in this area.
FREE OR REDUCED COST SCREENING & EDUCATION PROVIDERS
1. Partners in Wellness • Provides a free health-screening program for the underserved in northwest Louisiana and sponsors educational materials and programs in coordination with other community based providers. Screening mammograms are performed 5 days a week for women and men of northern Louisiana who do not have health insurance. For more information on how to schedule a mammogram, please call Jennifer at 1-800-582-4523 or 318-813-2225.
2. Martin Luther King Health Clinic • Provides educational programs and free screening for the underserved in many of the parishes in northwest Louisiana. Also provides Spanish language interpretation at clinic appointments. For more information on how to schedule a mammogram, please call Marilu at 318-227-2912.
3. Desoto Regional Health Center’s “Breast Health Outreach Program•For more information on screening or eduational information in Desoto Parish and surrounding areas, please contact Sharon Procell at (318) 872-4610
4. Christus Coushatta's Rural Health Program. For more information on screening vouchers for mammography, please contact Brandi Williams at(318) 932-2109.
1. Breasts, Blossoms, & Butterflies. A book to help newly diagnosed patients understand what is happening to them before, during, and post treatment. To obtain a copy, email Brenda Pierce at email@example.com
2. Christus Schumpert Breast Cancer Support Group-Monthly Meetings 4th Tuesday of each month at 902 Olive Street at the Christus Breast Center. Click here to access the flyer
3. The C. Wright Pink Ribbon Project, a partnership with the Multi Cultural Development Center, "Planting seeds of hope, education, support and awareness for communities and breast cancer survivors." For more information, contact (318) 773-8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Feist-Weiller Cancer Center/LSUHSC Gas Transportation Cards to assist qualified breast cancer patients to and from treatment. To apply for this assistance, contact Anne Higdon at email@example.com
ADDITIONAL NON KOMEN-FUNDED LOCAL RESOURCES
1. Colors for a Cause~Louisiana, "Supporting Those Who Are Courageously Battling Cancer." For more information contact (337) 794-4308, or (337) 802-8858 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The American Cancer Society. 920 Pierremont Road Suite 300. Offering direct services including free wigs and temporary prosthesis, support services, and more. For more information call (318) 219-1668.
3. The Butterfly Boutique, "Specializing in breast prosthesis, surgical bras, wigs, headcovers, compression garments, and hard-to-fit bras." For more information call Lisa at (318) 798-5991.
4. Breast Cancer Support Group-Monthly Meetings, 4 J's Java at 605 Texas Street in Shreveport. Hosted by the local chapter of the Sister's Network. For more information contact Crystal Brown-Tatum at (832) 867-4660.